Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Shared Girls Room and A Kid's Desk

Hi guys! I'm sharing a quick "before +after"/new product post with y'all today!

We have two little girls, 2 and 3 years old. I LOVE being a mom to girls. I love the pink, the ruffles, the dance class, even the drama that already daily ensues at our house. I feel like I was just made to raise girls. That being said, when I was gathering inspiration for their shared room redo, I knew I wanted to stay girly, but not TOO girly, if that makes sense. Here are some pictures I used for inspiration!





I loved the white/light walls with splashes of color from textiles and furniture in these rooms. I tried to stay within a light pink/orange/grey/ white pallet, but that was the only parameters I really followed.  Let's look back at the room the day we moved in...






Beige. Everywhere. Delightful shelves that made our eight foot ceiling feel even shorter. Half shutters on the windows. Why would we change a thing? Ha! The room was first re-done in a pink/black/white for the nursery of girl number one. No pictures of that one, sadly! When number two came along a year later, this room became a little more "big girl." 





A little better, yes? The girls are now at an age where sharing a room is SO fun for them. We also freed up a bedroom to use a guest room for the two times a year we have guests :).  

















Do you spot the cute little kid's desk? We needed a wide table to fill the space between the beds, and when I found these PERFECT kid's chairs on Overstock, I knew they needed a desk! I went to the hubs and he came up with this perfect piece for the space! I finished the desk to match the floating shelves we built a while ago for the room. 











I hope you enjoyed the before + after! As with every space in our house, I'm positive it will evolve again, but I am loving it right now! I'll be back with a bathroom vanity post SOON! 


be blessed,

leslie 








1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this room Les! So perfect and I see so much of your style in it :) Y'all made the floating shelves, too? This room is perfection!

    ReplyDelete