Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Makeover: IKEA Billy bookcases

Y'all. Sorry for the silence lately! We have been super busy with life and tables this past week! Thanks to all of YOU for the table busyness :).  I bought these functional but boring IKEA Billy Bookcases this past July for our bedroom. 


We bought two in the 79.5 " height. I bought them with every intention of sprucing them up to make them more like these…



In true fashion for my projects, it took a few months for my vision to become reality. But, good things come to those who wait! I shared this picture on Instagram this weekend. 

The White House Table Co.

And here it is styled in our bedroom!


The White House Table Co.

I am going for a black/white/wood/gold accents feel in our bedroom, and these shelves are a perfect place to add some fun accessories and much needed storage space.

The White House Table Co. 

The White House Table Co.

To style them for these pictures, I just "shopped my house" for things that I already have and love. Now, I get to see them everyday! I'm excited to get some Christmas sparkle on them in a few weeks. Yes, I said a FEW WEEKS. Geeze. 

Here is a view of the bed on the other side of the room. We installed the wood wall last year, and I'm STILL loving it! Adds some great interest to the space.

 Yeah, still need to hang that mirror...

The White House Table Co.

Also sorry for the poor quality pictures! I'm still learning how to use my big girl camera, and our room is somewhat lacking in the natural light department :). I hope you love our new bookcases as much as I do! I'll be back later this week with picture of our NEW table and bench design we just finished for a client! 

be blessed,

leslie 














No comments:

Post a Comment