Monday, October 14, 2013

Man Monday...Humor!

My father-in-law, Joe, the chief operation officer of our little Co., has a great sense of humor, especially in his writing. So, today's "Man Monday" installment includes a little satire from him! His specialty is the family newsletter, so its written as an article. 




White House Table Maker Doubles Efficiency
Invents Double-Palm Sanding


Midland:  A local table maker has discovered a time saving sanding technique that is sure to revolutionize the industry.  Coined “Double-Palm Sanding” by its inventor, the system not only speeds up the table sanding process but also offers other benefits.  Joe Whitehead, Director of Sanding Operations at The White House Table Company of Midland, explained that he invented the system while sanding a ten-foot dining table one day.  “I was thinking about how to speed up the sanding process when it occurred to me that I had two palm sanders and two palms,” he explained, holding up his hands.  “When I realized that the numbers matched, I knew I was on to something.”




Whitehead went on to explain that not only does the system reduce project-sanding time, it challenges his mental faculties as well.  “Having to keep track of both sanders at the same time has improved my mental dexterity and they say it is good to challenge your mind as you get older so you won’t get that disease where you can’t remember things,” he said as he obviously struggled to recall the word ‘Alzheimer’s’.  “I can’t think of the word right now, but you know what I’m talking about.”  Whitehead applied for a patent from the US Patent Office but was informed by them that patents are not available for techniques such as this.  “They seemed to think that anyone with two hands and two sanders should have the right to use them all together at the same time,” Whitehead concluded.


Sanding is about the most awful part of table making, in my opinion! So, its nice to have a funny spin put on it. We will be back on Wednesday with more White House Wednesday inspiration! 

be blessed,

leslie and joe 

No comments:

Post a Comment