Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Round Top, Texas

Good morning, friends! I hope y'all had a great first weekend of October! I took a little getaway with some girlfriends to Central Texas, and had the BEST time! Our first adventure started at the Bi-annual Round Top Antiques Fair. We had heard great things about the event, so we had to check it out for ourselves. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint! We barely scratched the surface of treasure hunting, and we all walked away with great finds! 


The White House Table Co.

This guy was my first purchase. I'm a sucker for colored glass vases. I own several from the Target Threshold line, but I have been searching for an emerald green like this! I of course wish I had bought more, so I could do a grouping. But, I ran away with this guy, and here he is in our home...






We moved on to another "field" and found this stand FULL of rusted metal letters. Just my style! 

The White House Table Co.


I have been searching for the word "hi" for our entryway, and I found it here! I also scored a small "W."


The White House Table Co.

Perhaps the BEST find for me was an antique coffee crate with "White House Coffee" labeled on it. I mean, destiny or what? I haggled a little for it, but I new I would leave with it, no matter if he came down on price or not! 



The White House Table Co.

I'm not sure if this is where it will stay, but I like this grouping for now. This corner of our dining room was sad and empty before. At least it fills the space...for now. 


The White House Table Co.

This table was a display only, but don't you love it? I am brain storming a way to recreate this one. It would be a perfect entry or console table! 

After Round Top, we went to the Premium Outlets in San Marcos. I found a few things at the Pottery Barn/ West Elm outlet. I drooled over several things at the Restoration Hardware outlet that were still far too expensive, but fun to look at! 

West Elm hexagon vase


West Elm planked map sign 

They were out of this map other than the display, but I would LOVE to try to DIY this one :).

I hope you enjoyed my finds from the weekend of junking! I love the search, and finding unique pieces is usually worth the effort. If you are in the West Texas area, Petticoats on the Prairie is coming up in a few weekends! I have never been, but it looks like it has potential! 


have a great wednesday!

be blessed,

leslie 














No comments:

Post a Comment